Saturday, January 7, 2012

God wants to do a new thing in you!

It has been a few days since my last post so I wanted to update you on what the Lord is speaking to me on the 6th.  day of my fast. Day 7 will begin for me this afternoon when the sun sets.
(Isa 43:18) 

Remember ye not the former things, neither consider the things of old.

(Isa 43:19)  Behold, I will do a new thing; now it shall spring forth; shall ye not know it? I will even make a way in the wilderness, and rivers in the desert.

Forgetting those things which are behind…

I have knowledge of the Past and I thank God for all He has done… Then I leave them behind and move into my future!

God is still speaking to His people!  Too many times we look at what God has done in us, as great as it is, and we stop looking for anything new and fresh from God.  We believe that all that we have received is all God has for us. 

(Lam 3:22-24)  It is of the LORD'S mercies that we are not consumed, because his compassions fail not.  They are new every morning: great is thy faithfulness.   The LORD is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
(Isa 42:9) Behold, the former things are come to pass, and new things do I declare: before they spring forth I tell you of them.
(Isa 42:10)  Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise from the end of the earth, ye that go down to the sea, and all that is therein; the isles, and the inhabitants thereof.

Here is the thing. We keep living in this world. New problems arise, new situations, new challenges and we do rely on what God has told us. This is good. But God has not stopped speaking! This begs the question; Have we stopped listening? Are we relying so heavily on our past victories that we do not seek God for New battle plans?

Every day is New! Every challenge is New! And while everything God has done in our lives is timeless, much of it is for the time in which we heard it!

God is still speaking so what have you heard from Him lately that is giving you...
  • A New Joy
  • A New Hope
  • A New Song
  • A New Victory
Prayer:
Dear Lord, make everything New in My relationship with you.  Bring fresh rain,  fresh praise,  a fresh song!   Thank you for the NEW!   Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment