Tuesday, January 10, 2012

His Presence

Today is the 9th. day of my fast.  I am now doing one meal each day and I am following the Daniel Fast as far as the type of meals I am eating for that meal.  For instance, today I had a small bowl of beans for lunch.  Yesterday I had a salad and a plate of vegetables for lunch.

I am fasting breakfast which is usually my favorite meal of the day. I am also fasting the evening meal. 

As a diabetic I am keeping a close watch on my blood glucose level and being very careful.  (The reason I started eating the one meal each day)  I have not taken any meds for several days and my sugar level is staying mostly between 70 and 90.  "I am watching it like a hawk."

Today has been a awesome day.
I am part of a Pastors Prayer group.  We get together on Tuesdays for Prayer and a fellowship Breakfast.  Our prayer time starts at 7:00 and we usually end between 8:00 and 8:30 after which we all go to a local restaurant for breakfast.

Several of the Pastors in our group are also fasting which makes it easy to sit around in the restaurant and NOT be tempted to eat anything!

Today I am really thankful for these other Pastors and our prayer time this morning.  The presence of the Lord was really evident.  A few of us felt led to pray for each other and our churches.

I asked some of them to lay hands on me and pray for my back that I have been having a little trouble with.  (I moved some heavy tables the other day... nuff said).   I had prayer Sunday Night at Church as well where I began to feel a very real touch from God and a significant easing in the pain.

Today as these men prayed for me I experienced a warmth in the small of my back (where the pain was).   It was AWESOME!  There is another noticeable difference in my pain.  PRAISE THE LORD!   God is Good!

My Prayer today:
Dear Lord, thank you for my healing!  Thank you for a wonderful group of people to pastor and for a great group of Pastors to meet with for prayer on Tuesday Mornings.  Most of all, Thank you Lord for meeting with me in prayer today. Thank you so much for your presence.    AMEN!

No comments:

Post a Comment